Signal Integrity Analysis
Signal Integrity is the study dealing with the impact of interconnect's electrical properties on system performance. The type of problems can be classified into three categories:
- Reduction of signal quality on a point to point interconnection link (e.g. reflections, attenuation)
- Ineraction between signals (e.g. crosstalk)
- Radiation of or susceptibility to EMI
Signal Integrity becomes an issue of consideration when the system has:
- High speed signals High density connectors
- Transmission channel that consists of boards from multiple vendors
PCB material, IC technology, connector pin assignment, layout constraints etc have to be defined.
And in any other case there is a doubt!
Comtel has the right tools, over 30 years of man experience in field of signal integrity and most uptodate expertise to approach signal integrity issues. Our Signal Integrity engineering team works closely with Backplane Design team to provide the optimal layout constraints, routing suggestions, stack-ups, materials trade-offs at high speed interconnects, backdrilling necessity and assure high quality of Comtel products.
Tools that we use
- 2D and 3D electromagnetic field solver parameter extraction software
- Time domain and Frequency domain circuit solvers
- Measurement equipment to acquire TDR and S-Parameters
- Own test cards for popular connectors
Examples of our capabilities
On request we can provide sample reports of the following simulations to provide an impression of our capabilities:
- 40 Gbps Ethernet characterization of Comtel 14 slot AdvancedTCA Backplane according to PICMG 3.1 R2.0
- 40 Gbps Ethernet - Independent Vendor Qualification - Fermi Lab Report for the 14 slot AdvancedTCA Full Mesh Backplane
- 25 Gbps per differential pair characterization for AdvancedTCA and VPX technologies